Vyhledat témata bez odpovědí | Zobrazit aktivní témata Právě je 19.9.24, 17:37

Odpovědět na téma  [ Příspěvků: 18 ]  Přejít na stránku 1, 2  Další
 rattles like crazy 
Autor Zpráva
Příspěvek rattles like crazy
Hi guys,

Sorry I write in english. I hope you can help me.
I have been writing on all sorts of forums and nobody could give me a clear answer.
The timing chain on the 50kw makes a weird noise.
My car now has 49.000km and I have changed it when it had 42.000km (the timing chain).
Before the change it made the horrible rattling grinding noise.
Now after 7000km, the new chain it rattles again. I use full synthetic 5w40 engine oil. This time Liqui Moly.
Otherwise the engine runs very well, no problems at all.

It there any cure to this?

I realy apreciate answers to this issue. Thank you.

24.3.06, 09:37
Pspvek Reklama

Příspěvek 1,4MPI 50kW Příšerně rachotící rozvodový řetěz
Překlad:
Ahoj lidi,
omlouvám se, že píšu v angličtině. Doufám ale, že mi pomůžete.
Už jsem psal na všechna možná fóra a nikdo mi nedokázal jasně odpovědět. Rozvodový řetěz mi na 50kW dělá podivné zvuky. Auto má teď najeto 49000km a řetěz jsem měnil při 42000km. Před výměnou to dělalo příšerný chrastivý brousivý zvuk. Teď po 7000 km nový řetěz cgraztí opět. Používám plně syntetický motorový olej 5W40. Tentokrát značky Liqui Moly.
Jinak motor běží velice dobře a nejsou s ním žádné problémy.
Dá se s tím něco dělat?

24.3.06, 10:13

Příspěvek Re: rattles like crazy
1.4MPI 50KW Timing chain píše:
Hi guys,

I have been writing on all sorts of forums and nobody could give me a clear answer.
My car now has 49.000km and I have changed it when it had 42.000km (the timing chain).
Now after 7000km, the new chain it rattles again. I use full synthetic 5w40 engine oil. This time Liqui Moly.

By my opinion, 42 000 Km is rather few amount of distance to change the chain. (Depends also on your driving style).
The newly changed timing chain was original spare part (Skoda logo), or it was some "No name" mark? :?:
(The non-original chain can prolong itself much earlier, than the original one, but 7 000Km seems to me too little)
:o

130LPG 130L 86 - denní vůz
1000MB MB 69, 1.8.68
Ať mi nikdo neříká, že něco nejde... ;)
Škoda 742 Forever Team

24.3.06, 10:57
Profil ICQ

Příspěvek Re: rattles like crazy
Bukaj píše:
1.4MPI 50KW Timing chain píše:
Hi guys,

By my opinion, 42 000 Km is rather few amount of distance to change the chain. (Depends also on your driving style).
The newly changed timing chain was original spare part (Skoda logo), or it was some "No name" mark? :?:
(The non-original chain can prolong itself much earlier, than the original one, but 7 000Km seems to me too little)
:o

Or it is in Miles :?: :)

1000MB MB 69, 1.8.68
Škoda 742 Forever Team

24.3.06, 10:58
Profil ICQ
Příspěvek 
Thanks for the replies.

No, its for sure KM. I am from Romania, so we use metric system too :).

I know it's crazy to change it after 42.000km but the sound was the reason. It sounded horrible.

24.3.06, 15:19
Příspěvek 
This is the sound:
http://img13.exs.cx/img13/5892/onobeka139kkm3jy.jpg

Please save it as a .WAV file. IT IS NOT JPG.

24.3.06, 15:21
Příspěvek 
The new one is Original skoda chain. The one that was changed at 42.000 km was the original chain that the car was manufactured with. Does the skoda logo has to be somewhere on one of the sprockets?

Does oil have anything to do with the elongation of the chain? After an oil change it is quiet for like 1000 km than it gets rattling again. I think it's because of oil thinkness.
My oil change until now:
10.000km OMW 10w40 done by Skoda Dealer
20.000km Havoline 5w30 full synthetic
30.000km Aral 5w40 semi-synthetic
40.000km LiquiMoly 5w40 full synthetic
<----------------------------------------------- 42.000km first change
now: 49.300 and I have the noise again, not like before but I have it.
The idle is not regulate, it has some small 50 RPM up and down arround 850-900rpm. I guess that makes the chain rattle like that.
My Engine is 2001 AME 1.4MPI 50KW.

24.3.06, 15:26

Příspěvek 
chce to dôkladnú kontrolu, začal by som uložením vahadiel a samotnými vahadlami, ventilmi ( to je najjednoduchšie ), potom axiálnou vôlou kľukovky ( to by som typoval za najpravdepodobnejšie, vyosené kolesá rozvodov - rozvody vymlátia do 10tis km ), ďalej ložiskami vačkovej hriadele...

24.3.06, 18:45
Příspěvek 
Does anybody have an ideea on my problem?
I apreciate some of your experience. :roll:

27.3.06, 07:37
Příspěvek 
Anonymous píše:

predpokladam, ze nejsou rovnobezna kola a retez se prici......

6.4.06, 08:16

Příspěvek 
Anonymous píše:
Anonymous píše:

predpokladam, ze nejsou rovnobezna kola a retez se prici......

Translate:
"I suppose, that the timing wheels aren't in one level and the chain goes crossing"

1000MB MB 69, 1.8.68
Škoda 742 Forever Team

6.4.06, 10:20
Profil ICQ
Příspěvek 
The wheels are for sure in one line. If not it would snap easily.
There is something strange with this AME engine on Fabia. It was Euro2 on 50KW. After 2 years they took it out of production introducing the same engine code AZF, but Euro4 using a different camshaft, but the same chain. I think the chain is as old as the MB1000 and 120.
So, with your permision, the AME although it was earlyer released is a tuned up version of the AZF. It's very common to increase performance in one engine by replacing camshaft. Almost as common as the chip-tuning which basicaly is quite the same thing but not hardware.

The interesting thing is that the AZF seem not to have the same problem as the AME, AWQ and all the other more musclely skoda engine (50KW - 44KW = muscles :lol: ).

For better lubrication I used this time an fullsyntetic oil 0w40. With new oil the chain does not rattle that much.

20.4.06, 14:52
Příspěvek 
first, use prescrible oil for AME engine - i think some quality semisynthetic oil 10W-40, not full syntehetic. another specs. of oils is not recommended by skoda producer. check the oil system, mainly oil jet for chain lubricating. check all system of timing = from crankshaft via chain + timing wheels + camshaft upto valve. maybe, the sound is not makes by chain but anotherone in the timing system. buy original skoda timing chain set, change it on the engine, check all things around (shafts, oil jets, flatness of surfaces and so on)...

20.4.06, 16:43
Příspěvek 
@rosta

thanks for the input. The thing is that I know a lot of AMEs that have the same problem, and not all of them use the same oil and have the same usage so we can conclude that it's something from the oil.
I know about 10 that do the same and now and then on the street I can hear another. If I turn the head, I cannot miss, it's an 50KW fabia or an 1.3 felicia.

Something is wrong with the design of these engines. I replaced my timing chain and not it's starting to rattle again. Some other 3 from the 10 mentioned above have the same issue, replaced chains with OEM components, bought from the skoda dealer and now they rattle again.

Did you listen to my sound files? How do they sound to you?

25.4.06, 13:11
Příspěvek 
Regarding oil types. I have only used oils with the norm VW 502.00 or 500.00. I did not find anywhere a good point where skoda said that AME should use 10w40.
The cars I told you above used oils like:

Aral HighTronic 5w40, BlueTronic 10w40
Castrol softec 5w40
Esso 5w40
and others. All of theese are good oils.

I think the bug is in the camshaft, since the AZF uses another camshaft and it does not rattle, all the other components in the engine are the same (as far as I know). Maybe you can linghten me on this one too.

I will send you soon another recording with the engine noise as it is now after 8000km since the chain replacement.

25.4.06, 13:15
Pspvek Reklama

Odpovědět na téma   [ Příspěvků: 18 ]  Přejít na stránku 1, 2  Další